Propper Starter® concentrated wort makes it easy to give your yeast the proper start when preparing high gravity brews, cold-pitched lagers, yeast packs nearing expiration and whenever a starter is recommended. No more measuring messy DME. No more waiting to boil and cool. Just mix one can with an equal amount of purified water in a sanitized flask to produce one liter of ready starter wort. For increasing biomass and vitality in your yeast, Prop It Up™ with a can of Propper Starter!
- Sanitize 2 L flask, stir bar, top of can and yeast pack.
- Swirl and open can. Pour contents into flask.
- Add 16oz of bottled, distilled or boiled (and cooled) water to flask (do not use chlorinated water!).
- Pitch yeast and swirl flask to mix.
- Add stir bar to flask, cover with foil, and mix on stir plate for 24 hours.